Blokart Dust Off
Time & Location
About the Event
You've been locked down, and of course you've been very sensible and stayed alert (has anyone worked out what that actually means?) - now it's time to get that Blokart out, head down to the aerodrome and have a sail.
If the weather is favouable we will meet up for our first sail since lockdown began.
Please be advised we will ask all those wanting to sail to abide by current social distancing guidelines as seen below -
Message to all CBC members and others wishing to sail with us re Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation Casual sailing will commence on Sunday 26th June at Finmere Aerodrome. At this stage we can only accept those who regularly sail with us and all other full BLSA Members who wish to visit. All our events will be posted on the clubs 'Events' page on the website and you will be notified if they cannot be run as expected. Announcements are usually posted on the clubs Facebook page so please check first if travelling from afar.
The suggested health and safety plan -
- We will endeavour to have some form of Contact tracing at this time.
- Hygiene – follow good hygiene practices, like regular washing and drying of hands, good cough/sneeze etiquette into your elbow and avoiding touching your face.
- Anyone with flu-like symptoms must not compete or visit the venue and must stay home and self-isolate if they are feeling unwell.
- Maintain your social distancing at all times of 2 metres outside. If in doubt, spread out.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer.
- Do not handle anyone else's equipment or assemble any other kart than your own.
- No waste or litter is to be left on site. Ensure you take your litter with you and discard at home.
- Everyone needs to understand their responsibilities for, good health and sailing safety.
Contact Tracing Requirements
Manual registration will be used. Your name and details will be taken on arrival. A nominated CBC member will be delegated and will be responsible for registering everyone after they arrive and ensure they are aware of any site requirements in place.
The Duty officer will advise each sailor of the designated area they are to use.
- Rigging will take place in the area adjacent to the gate. Please respect social distancing rules and park appropriately.
- If this area becomes full we will direct sailors to other rigging areas. Please respect any directions you are given.
- Sailing will be on the runway as usual.
- When you finish sailing please remember the Govt guidelines and remain distanced from other sailors
Please do not bring non sailing family or friends. Of course we love you dearly but you may be asked to leave so please don't put us in that situation.